Advocacy 101 acts as an opportunity for students, parents, community, and staff to learn about advocating for legislation. The purpose of this meeting is to teach participants about what advocating is, how to advocate effectively, and who to advocate to.
To register for our Saturday, November 22, Advocacy 101 Seminar, please click here.
Tentative Event Timeline:
- 10:30am-11:00am Registration
- 11:00am-11:10am Opening remarks
- 11:10am-11:30am Panel Discussion: Why We Lobby, the Power of Influence
- 11:30am-11:45am Effective Advocacy Presentation
- 11:45am-12:00pm Guest Speaker
- 12:00pm-12:10pm Social Media Advocacy: #BCPSadvocates
- 12:10pm-12:45pm BCPS Advocates: Breaking Down Our Priorities
- 12:45pm-1:00pm Q&A Session