Eligible teachers and school-based administrators
may voluntarily opt-in to Access/Accel each spring.
The next election window is from May 2 - May 29, 2016.
This website has been designed to help answer your questions about the new salary schedules for teachers and administrators. Beginning July 1, 2014: Broward County Public Schools introduces two new salary schedules for teachers and administrators.
- Awarding Competitive Compensation to Educators for Student Success (ACCESS) is the new performance pay salary schedule for instructional personnel (all employees represented by the Broward Teachers Union-Education Professionals (BTU-EP) Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Awarding Competitive Compensation to Educational Leaders (ACCEL) is the new performance pay salary schedule for administrators. Below are important highlights of each salary schedule:
- All newly hired teachers hired on or after July 1st and all teachers currently assigned to an Annual Contract (AC) will be automatically assigned to the ACCESS Plan.
- All hired (or newly appointed) school-based administrators after this date will be assigned to the ACCEL plan.
- If you are an actively employed Professional Services Contract (PSC) or Continuing Contract (CC) teacher and are on the BTU-EP step salary schedule or serve as a school-based administrator, then you qualify to enroll in a performance pay salary schedules. Please note: This is a voluntary choice and it is irrevocable. If you decide you do not wish to enroll in the new plan at this time, there is nothing you need to do. You will remain on your current salary schedule.
- This window will reopen annually every Spring for active employees on the BTU-EP step salary schedule or the Principals/Assistant Principals’ step salary schedule. Clicking on the link below will take you to ESS where you can see a side-by-side comparison of your information on the current salary schedule, and your salary if you enroll in the performance pay salary schedule.
To understand more about these changes, please click on the links below for the FAQs and the Performance Plan Salary schedule to learn more. If you have any questions, you may call Compensation and Employee Relations at (754) 321-2140.
- For employees actively employed, their salaries will not be reduced if they enroll in the performance pay salary schedules. Please note: Opportunities for future salary increases in future years may be larger based on your overall evaluation rating