Equal Educational Opportunities/ADA Compliance
The Equal Educational Opportunities/ADA Compliance Department was established in July, 1975 and charged with the responsibility of monitoring, coordinating, and recommending action aimed toward the Board's policy of equal opportunity in education and employment.
The primary functions/programs of the EEO/ADA Compliance Department are:
Monitoring the District's Equal Access/Equal Opportunities (EA/EO) Initiatives
- Monitors students' participation in academic and other program areas and recommends strategies to improve areas of disproportionate student enrollment/participation.
- Monitors the District's hiring and promotion practices through policy review/revisions and participation in the screening and interviewing of applicants.
- Coordinates the development of the District's Educational Equity Act Plan, which is a state mandated report submitted annually to the Department of Education.
- Distributes the District's Educational Equity Act Plan to school principals and guidance counselors as a tool to equitable student placement in various courses and activities.
- Investigate and resolve complaints of discrimination and harassment in employment and education based on age, color, disability, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
- Assists in providing reasonable accommodations to students and staff, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other statutes.
- Reviews inquiries and concerns related to equal opportunities and equal access.
- Provides data input into and maintains the EEO-5 Report which is a federally mandated report of all employees by job classification, race, and gender.
Keeping the District Informed of EA/EO Laws, Policies, Etc.
- Conducts workshops through Talent Development as well as request from District departments or school sites.
- Assuring the district's compliance with Federal, State and Board regulations pertaining to equal opportunity and equal access.
- Coordinating, implementing and monitoring State equal opportunity reports/audits.