The Records Retention Office assists students who need to obtain their school transcripts. School transcripts are legal documents accepted as proof of graduation or attendance. All educational records are protected under FERPA thus do not fall under the Public Records Law. In order to obtain a transcript, a signed release
must be received along with a copy of valid ID.
- I need my transcript to enroll in school. How do I get a copy?
- Copies of school transcripts/records may be obtained in person or by mail.
- How long will it take?
- Requests by mail - the standard turn-around time is seven days.
- I need a copy of my diploma.
- There is only one diploma ordered per student which is issued at graduation. No other copies are kept.
Records Retention archives student records of former students who previousoy attended Broward County Public Schools. Our staff assists schools, departments, outside agencies and former students by searching, retrieving and reproducing archived student records. For additional information, please visit our transcript website