Accelerated Reader Builds Independent Readers!
We all know that the more you practice something, the better you become at it. This applies to reading as well. Accelerated Reader encourages differentiated reading practice in order to create strong readers. Below is a breakdown of how the A.R. program works at our school.
- Students take a STAR test to determine the overall reading ability
- Teachers and students conference and set practice goals
- Students read books of interest at their own reading level
- (Go to arbookfind.com to search for book titles on your child’s level)
- A.R. quizzes are then taken on the books read
- Instant feedback is provided to help motivate success
- Students receive classroom incentives when they reach their goals
Get involved in your child’s reading progress by signing on to Home Connect at:
Use your child’s username and password to log on. Every time your child completes a quiz, you will be immediately notified of how your child performed.
We want to thank you for encouraging your child to be an A.R. Reader! Below are some links to resources you may find useful.
Accelerated Reader Parent Guides:
Questions and Answers about Accelerated Reader :
Parent’s Guide to AR Bookfinder:
A Parent’s Guide to Home Connect: