General School Information
The mission of Crystal Lake Middle, a dual magnet and S.T.E.M. school, is to provide a relevant, rigorous, standards based education in order for all of our students to become productive members of a 21st century, global society.
Crystal Lake Middle School will ensure that all teachers have the essential tools and support to establish and maintain a highly effective learning environment.
- We believe that all students deserve an opportunity to learn in a safe, secure and positive learning environment.
- We believe it is our responsibility to ensure that all students are highly engaged in a rigorous and relevant curriculum.
- We believe it is our responsibility to ensure that we differentiate the curriculum to meet the needs of all of students and their individual learning styles.
- We believe that all students need to be assessed on a regular basis to ensure mastery of our standards based curriculum.
- We believe all students need to be prepared for an ever-increasing technological and global society.
- We believe in ongoing professional development for teachers to ensure that they are aware of the latest research.
- We believe in the child study process to ensure that students receive appropriate interventions in an effort to decrease negative behaviors.
- We believe in authentic evaluation of student achievement such as project-based assessments in addition to test scores.
- We believe in data driven decision-making.
- We believe in celebrating the successes and accomplishments of our school and its stakeholders.