With the new school year off to a great start, Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) announces the annual Conversation with the District series of town hall-style meetings aimed at gaining input and feedback from parents, students and community members.
This year, the Conversation with the District continues the discussions regarding how the District will prepare today’s students to be successful in tomorrow’s world. Among the topics of discussion will be the upcoming $800 million General Obligation Bond Referendum that will be on the November 4th ballot.
The public is invited to take part in the Conversation with the District events. There is no fee to attend and parking is available at each location. Registration for speakers begins at 6 p.m. and the event begins at 6:30 p.m.:
· Monday, September 8, Northeast High School, 700 NE 56th Street, Oakland Park, 33334
· Wednesday, September 10, Atlantic Technical College, 4700 Coconut Creek Pkwy, Coconut Creek, 33063
· Wednesday, September 17, Cypress Bay High School, 18600 Vista Park Boulevard, Weston, 33332
· Monday, September 22, Hollywood Hills High School, 5400 Stirling Road, Hollywood, 33021
· Tuesday, September 30, Flanagan High School, 12800 Taft Street, Pembroke Pines, 33028
· Wednesday, October 1, J.P. Taravella High School, 10600 Riverside Drive, Coral Springs, 33071
· Monday, October 27, Piper High School, 8000 NW 44th Street, Sunrise, 33351
ABOUT BROWARD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) is the sixth largest public school system in the United States and the second largest in the state of Florida. BCPS is Florida’s first fully accredited school system since 1962. BCPS has over 260,000 students and approximately 175,000 adult students in 238 schools, centers and technical colleges, and 102 charter schools. BCPS serves a diverse student population. Students are from 204 different countries and speak 135 different languages. For more information about BCPS, visit browardschools.com, follow us on Twitter @Browardschools, like us on Facebook @ facebook.com/browardschools, and download the free Broward County Public Schools mobile app.