Glades Middle Dress Code
School uniforms are MANDATORY.
Benefits of a Uniform Policy
Research suggests that school uniforms:
- Improve discipline, self-esteem and self-respect
- Focus the student towards learning
- Eliminate the fear of whether their clothing choice will be acceptable by peers
- Strengthens school pride
- Identify student population from strangers on school grounds
- Cost effective
The Unified Dress Code is as follows:
- Polo Style shirts, 2-3 button with a collar. Shirt DOES NOT need to be tucked in.
- Colors are hunter green, white, black or navy blue.
- Shirts DO NOT have to have a Glades Middle logo.
- Pants are to be regular casual fit pants, secured around the waist with a belt, extending anywhere from the knee to the ankle.
- JEANS, shorts and capris will be permitted as long as they extend past the knees.
- Closed shoes/sneakers.
- School issued I.D. must be worn on the outside of shirt, around the neck at all times.
All children should start wearing their school uniform on the very first day of school this August. Please call us at school if you have any questions or concerns.
A Parent or Guardian may request by mail, or in person, an application for an exemption from the uniform program. Exemption waivers must be completed by the 10th day of the student's enrollment.