New Students


    If you have children who will attend Quiet Waters Elementary School for the first time in the fall, please register them as soon as possible. If you have new neighbors who have moved into the area, please encourage them to begin the registration process early. We also request that you contact the front office if you will be moving to another school. We will assist you with the transfer of your child’s school records.

    Items to bring with you:

    · Child’s Birth Certificate (original copy)

    · Florida Certificate of Immunization (HRS 680), stamped with Doctor's name, address, and phone number. Please note TWO varicella immunizations are required for kindergarten entry.

    · Evidence of a Medical Examination (within one year)-stamped with the doctor's name, address, and phone number.

    · Two Proofs of Residency (utility bill-telephone or electric, lease, etc) - One item from Section A and One item from Section B (See below.)

    · Two Emergency Contact Numbers and School Records-latest report card and/or transcript needed for appropriate grade placement

    It helps in our planning and scheduling of classes if students are registered as soon as possible.
    For more information call (754) 322-8100.

    Please share this information with your neighbors or friends if they have a child eligible to start Kindergarten in the fall.

    Age Requirements


    Child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2018
    First Grade

    Child must be 6 years old on or before September 1, 2018 and must have been enrolled in a public school or must have satisfactorily completed kindergarten in a nonpublic school.

    How to Register for School

    So you want to register your child in our school?  No problem!

    Below is a checklist to help the registration process go as smoothly as possible:

    First, make sure that we are the correct school.  To find out the school(s) assigned to your home address, you can either use our School Locator feature or call the District's Innovative Programs Department at 754-321-2380. You must provide your specific street address and your child's grade level and the office will determine the correct school your child is supposed to attend.

    When you arrive at your child's school to register, please use the following checklist:


    (School Board Policy 5.1 amended 6/21/16)
    NOTE: Students whose parents are found, after appropriate investigation, to have submitted fraudulent information in an effort to enroll a student in a school to which the student is not assigned shall be immediately withdrawn and referred for enrollment in the appropriate boundaried school.

    PROOF OF RESIDENCE (Domicile) - All documents must be current and include the name of the registering parent and residential address used for enrollment.  
    Section A

    1. Property tax bill

    2. Homestead exemption card

    3. Deed

    4. Mortgage statement

    5. Home purchase contract, including specified closing date within 30 days of enrollment and a copy of the ded to be provided within 60 calendar days of closing date

    6. Notarized lease agreement with the name and phone number of lessor

    Section B

    1. Utility Bill

    2. Telephone or cellular phone bill

    3. Verification of tenancy letter from homewoners or condominum association

    4. Declaration of Domicile Form from the County Records Department

    5. Florida Drivers License

    6. Florida Identification Card

    7. Automobile Registration

    8. Automobile Insurance

    9. Credit Card Statement

    10. Two consecutive bank account statements

    11. United States Postal Service confirmation of address change request

    When school is in session and a parent cannot readily produce the required documentation, the school shall ensure the student is temporarily enrolled.  The parent must submit all required documentaiton within 30 calendar days as per policy 5.1.

    When parent/guardian resides with someone else who resides in the school’s boundary area, the parent/guardian must submit:
    ______Affidavit of Shared Housing
    ______One primary and one secondary proofs of residency from the list above in the name of owner or lessee signing the Affidavit of Shared Housing Statement

    ______ Parent must then submit two proofs from section B, in their, name within 30 school days.  

    _____Official birth certificate.

    If such certificate is not available, the following forms of evidence are acceptable:
    _____A duly attested transcript of a certificate of a religious document showing date of birth accompanied by an affidavit sworn to by the parent.
    _____Insurance policy on the child’s life which has been in force at least two years.
    _____A passport or certificate of arrival in the U.S. showing the age of the child.
    _____Official school records that provide evidence that the child has attended school for four years.
    _____An affidavit sworn to by the parent, accompanied by a certificate from the county health officer, that he/she believes the child to be of required school age.

    _____Students, grades K-12 and entering Florida school for the first time, must present evidence of a medical examination performed within twelve months prior to their initial enrollment or day student  was brought to school to fill out necessary forms for the purpose of becoming a Broward County Public School student.
    _____Parents must provide a written notification of any health/medical problem that requires staff awareness and/or supervision for their child.
    _____Medical Treatment Form, if needed.

    _____Florida Certificate of Immunization (Form HD680)
    _____Permanent medical exemption (if immunization if contraindicated for one or all).
    _____Religious exemption (Form 681), a temporary exemption (Form DH680 Part B) or a medical exemption (Form DH680, Part C).

    If the student is residing with someone other than the parent or legal guardian, the following provisions shall apply:

    _____Complete a Person Acting as Parent Form and attached appropriate documentation.

    _____Registration emergency card (NOTE: Only parents/guardians signing registration form can change registration/emergency information).

    _____Latest report card and/or transcript needed for appropriate grade placement.


    If you have any questions, please call our Registrar during school hours.