To report an excused absence, you may choose one of the following options:
- Submit an Online Excused Absence Form from our school website under Contact: "Report an Absence"
- Call the school's attendance hotline 754-323-6952
- Submit a note to the school's Front Office Staff
When reporting an absence, please include ALL of the following information:
- Name of parent reporting absence
- Phone number of parent reporting absence
- Child’s first and last name
- Child’s school ID number or date of birth
- Child's grade level
- Date of absence
- Reason for absence
Parents are expected to report absences within two days of the absence. If requested by the school, the parent must provide documentation of illness from a physician or public health unit.
School staff members have the right to ask for a written medical note if a student has excessive absences. Multiple day absences (for any reasons) must be submitted in writing to the principal for approval at least 72 hours prior to the date of absence. Pending the circumstances and child’s academic and attendance history, absences may not be excused. The report must come from a parent or guardian.
Attendance Policy 5.5
- All students' absences must align with the eight (8) reasons allowed for absences, as outlined in the Attendance Policy and in the Code of Student Conduct.
- Parents must state reason (from approved list) for absence when they call in or write a note to report a student's absence.
- Absences can only be excused if they correspond with one of the eight (8) allowed reasons.