What is SAF?
School Advisory Forum (SAF)
Every school has an advisory forum which acts as a proactive group which addresses various educational issues. Their ideas and concerns are forwarded to both area and district advisories which meet regularly with key staff and the Superintendent. Advisories do outstanding work on behalf of kids. If you wish to join this group, call us for more information.
What is SAF?
The School Advisory Forum (SAF) is comprised of parents, teachers, community members, school administrators, non-instructional support staff, and other stakeholders. The SAF provides an opportunity for stakeholders to discuss and recommend actions on a variety of school issues. The SAF fosters and promotes communication between its stakeholders, the school, and the Area Advisory Council. The SAF brings forth recommendations, concerns, and interests to and from the Area Advisory Council.
What does SAF do?
- Plan, develop, and implement parent/community programs and training activities.
- Address parent/community concerns; work with administration to solve problems and initiate desired changes.
- Identify and coordinates the use of community resources to improve student achievement and school effectiveness.
- Participate in increasing/sustaining high levels of community support for the school.
- Participate in the preparation of the budget, and review budget related concerns.
- Advocated for positive change in the school.
- Remain current with school, district, state, and national issues.
- Jointly works with School Board Members, Superintendent, and local Government officials.
- Facilities, Safety, Legislative, ESE, ESOL, Boundaries, Curriculum, Dress code, and Transportation are all issues addressed by SAF.
Who are our School Advisory Chairs?
PLE's School Advisory Chair is Miguel Suarez.