Our School Dress Code
School uniforms are MANDATORY.
The school uniform at Sheridan Hills Elementary School is:
- Red or Navy Blue Collared Polo Shirts
- Khaki or Navy Blue Pants, Shorts, Jumpers, or Skorts. No Jeans.
- Shirts without a logo and bottoms can be purchased at any retailer that sells the above mentioned clothing.
- Shirts with a logo can be purchased from the PTO Store.
Benefits of a Uniform Policy
Research suggests that school uniforms:
- Improve discipline, self-esteem and self-respect
- Focus the student towards learning
- Eliminate the fear of whether their clothing choice will be acceptable by peers
- Strengthens school pride
- Identify student population from strangers on school grounds
- Cost effective
All students should wear their uniform each school day, unless they have donated to participate in Dress Your Way Day (once a month) through our PTO. Please call us if you have any questions or concerns.
A Parent or Guardian may request by mail, or in person, an application for an exemption from the uniform program. Exemption waivers must be completed by the 10th day of the student's enrollment.