What is the Purpose of Title 1 Funding?
- Annually, the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) requires schools to disseminate the following information to the parents of children that attend a Title I School. ~
- 1.~School Improvement Plan:~School staff and parents jointly develop the plan. It includes yearly objectives and activities that will be implemented at the school level. You can access this plan~here. If you would like to review a hard copy of this plan or translation is needed, please contact our Title I Liaison, at 754-322-7000.
- 2.~School Parent Involvement Plan: School staff and parents jointly develop the plan as part of the School Improvement Plan. The plan includes the parent activities to be implemented through the school year and an evaluation of last year's parent program. You can access this plan~here. If you would like to review a hard copy of this plan or translation is needed, please contact Title I Liaison, at 754-322-7000.
- 3.~District Parent Involvement Plan:~District staff and parents jointly develop the plan. The plan includes the parent activities to be implemented through the school year and an evaluation of last year's district parent program. You can access this plan at~http://www.broward.k12.fl.us/titleone/parent-involvement-lea-plan.asp. ~If you would like to review a hard copy of this plan or translation is needed, please contact Sharondan Webb, Title I Program Specialist at 754-321-1410.
- 4.~School Public Accountability Report (SPAR): The School Public Accountability Report contains several types of data (indicators) designed to inform parents and the general public about the progress of Florida's public schools. This report meets the public reporting requirements of the federal No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act and certain additional information of interest on the status of Florida's schools. In addition, the Florida Department of Education publishes school grades, the results of the state assessment of Florida schools. You can access these reports at~http://doeweb-prd.doe.state.fl.us/eds/nclbspar/index.cfm. ~If you would like to review a hard copy or if a translation is needed, please contact Mrs. Russell, Office Manager at 754-322-7000.
- 5.~Principal Attestation Letter : Indicates the percentage of teachers and paraprofessionals that are highly qualified. ~ THURGOOD MARSHALL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL Website.
- A hard copy of each document is available in the front office for parents upon request.
According to the U.S. Department of Education the purpose of Title 1 funding, “is to ensure that all children have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach, at a minimum, proficiency on challenging state academic achievement standards and state academic assessments.”
The basic principles of Title 1 state that schools with large concentrations of low-income students will receive supplemental funds to assist in meeting student’s educational goals. Low-income students are determined by the number of students enrolled in the free and reduced lunch program. For an entire school to qualify for Title 1 funds, at least 40% of students must enroll in the free and reduced lunch program.
The 2015-16 Draft of the School Improvement Plan and Parent Involvement plans are available at the front desk of the school. For translations in Spanish or Creole, please call the school at (754) 322-7000.
District NCLB School Public Accountability Reports (SPAR) are available for inspection at, CLICK HERE
FSA, School Grades, AYP and other assessment information can be found on the web at, CLICK HERE. For translations in Spanish or Creole, please call the school at (754)322-7000.
- -For more information available, CLICK HERE.
- -Broward School District Title I Parent Resource Center 701 NW 31st Avenue Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311 (754) 321-1425,
- -North Parent Resource Center Fischler School of Education and Human Services Nova Southeastern University 1750 NE 167th Street Technology Building - 1st Floor North Miami Beach, FL 33162 (866) 281-4678, CLICK HERE.
- -The Florida Partnership For Family Involvement (FL PIRC) University of South Florida 3500 E. Fletcher Avenue, Suite #301Tampa, FL 33613(813) 396-9923, CLICK HERE for additional information.
- -Title 1 Parent Center On Wheels click here for more information.