Applicants must have FSA scores for reading and mathematics at or above level 3 and a minimum 2.5 GPA or better in Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, and Mathematics.
Applicants who do not have FSA scores, must have a nationally recognized norm-referenced standardized examination with scores at the 50th percentile or above in reading and mathematics and have a minimum 2.5 GPA or better in Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, and Mathematics.
All qualifying enrolled boundary students participate in the ITCE Magnet program.
Contact the Magnet Coordinator at Pompano Beach Middle School for more information for applicants with special needs.
Before you complete your application, make note of a few important facts:
- Magnet applicants must submit a copy of their most recent report card and test scores to Demographics & Student Assignments.
- Applications will NOT be processed until your report card and test scores have been received.
- Faxed or incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Only one application per student will be accepted.
- Applications received or postmarked after the deadline will be processed at a later date pending space availability.
- It is the applicants responsibility to submit all documents before the deadline.
Applicants applying to Magnet schools who have a sibling (brother, sister, half-brother, half-sister, stepbrother or stepsister, living in the same household) attending the Magnet School, and who will continue to attend that school the next year, will be placed in the Magnet School on a space available basis prior to placement of other applicants. Siblings must apply to a Magnet School in order to be considered. Applications must meet the application deadline for sibling priority placement.