Benefits of a Uniform Policy
Research suggests that school uniforms
- Improve discipline, self-esteem and self-respect.
- Focus the student towards learning.
- Eliminate the fear of whether their clothing choice will be acceptable by peers.
- Strengthens school pride.
- Identify student population from strangers on school grounds.
- Cost effective.
All children should start wearing their school uniform on the very first day of school this August. Please call us at school if you have any questions or concerns.
A Parent or Guardian may request by mail, or in person, an application for an exemption from the uniform program. Exemption waivers must be completed by the 10th day of the student's enrollment.
Our School Dress Code
NRMS has a mandatory Unified Dress Code Policy for all students attending our school. We believe this Dress Code Policy promotes safety, improves behavior and enhances the learning environment.
Our uniform consists of the following:
New River Dress Code Policy
TOPS: Oxford or Polo Style Shirts with collars or NRMS short/long sleeve or field trip shirts.
TOP COLORS: Black, White, Gray, Tan Khaki and any shade of Blue.
**SOLID COLORS ONLY**
BOTTOMS: Dockers style shorts, pants, Capri’s and skorts.
• NO sweat pants or shorts or sweat-like material
• NO athletic pants or shorts (i.e. basketball shorts, dancewear, etc…)
BOTTOM COLORS: Tan Khaki, Black, Navy Blue or Dark Gray
BOTTOMS MUST BE:
•No sweat pants or sweat pant material
•No athletic pants or shorts, baseball shorts or dancewear
•Shorts and Skorts must be fingertip length or longer
•Jeans may be worn. They must be SOLID – DARK BLUE, DARK GRAY OR BLACK.
•No other colors allowed. Jeans may not have cuts, rips, tears or designs and DENIM MATERIAL ONLY. NO JEGGINS ALLOWED.
• No sweat wrist or headbands will be worn during the school day.
• Writing on school uniforms is not permitted.
• PE shorts or shirts are not to be worn in place of school uniforms.
• No sandals, slippers, slides or flip-flops are allowed.
**Please check our website for any changes to the Dress Code**