Want to Register Your Child for School?
So you want to register your child in our school? No problem!
Each student enrolled in Broward County Schools is assigned to a high school in one of three ways:
1. Based on the attendance area in which the student's parent(s) or court-appointed guardian/custodian resides.
- Find out if Hollywood Hills High School is assigned to your home address
2. Through application to a magnet or high school option program.
- The Hollywood Hills High School Military Academy is a magnet program at Hollywood Hills High School. The goal of the Academy goal is to provide high school students the highest quality education possible, incorporating the principles of leadership, discipline, patriotism, and honor. The academy is focused toward developing our student cadets to become productive citizens and to shape their futures by preparing them for post secondary success.
- Click on the magnet school application tab at the menu at left. Or click HERE to access the application (application is only supported in Google Chrome).
3. Through the reassignment process as detailed in Board of Education policy.
- Reassignment to Hollywood Hills High School School is based on the parent's choice of the appropriate educational program for the child.
- Learning at Hollywood Hills High School reaches far beyond the classroom. Grounded in several fields, students enrolled in our Innovative Programs learn about a variety of disciplines, enabling them to become articulate, analytical and assertive. They are challenged by rigorous academics in a close-knit community and collaborate with faculty and guidance staff to create personalized and unique learning experiences. Our Innovative Programs include the CAPE Academy, the Latinos in Action Program, the NAF Academy of Finance, the Virtual Enterprises Program, the WISE Academy, the NFTE program, and the PASL initiative. Interested? If you reside outside our attendance area, consider a re-assignment to our school!
- Click on the reassignment application tab at the menu at left. Or click HERE to access the application (application is only supported in Google Chrome).
When you arrive at Hollywood Hills High School to register based on attendance area (criteria 1 above), please use the following checklist:
CHECKLIST FOR ENROLLMENT
(School Board Policy 5.1 amended 8/5/08)
NOTE: Students whose parents are found, after appropriate investigation, to have submitted fraudulent information in an effort to enroll a student in a school to which the student is not assigned shall be immediately withdrawn and referred for enrollment in the appropriate boundaried school.
PROOF OF RESIDENCE (Domicile)
One current piece of evidence from the following sources in the name of the parent/guardian registering the child:
_____Current telephone or electric bill in the name of the parent registering the child.
_____Rent receipt with the name of lessor and contact information/mortgage statement.
_____Lease agreement with name of lessor and contact information.
_____Home Purchase contract including specified closing date, with copy of deed to be provided within 60days of closing date. AND One of the following:
_____Current Florida Driver’s License/Florida Identification Card.
_____Cellular telephone bill.
_____Credit card statement.
_____Bank account statement.
_____United States Postal Service confirmation of address change request or evidence of correspondence delivered through U.S. Postal Service.
_____Declaration of Domicile form from the County Records Department.
When school is in session and proof of domicile, as stated above, cannot be presented at the time of registration, the student shall be registered in school with the following document: ________A statement of Bona Fide Residence signed by the parent/guardian. Acceptable proof of residency MUST be provided within 30 school days from the list above.
When parent/guardian resides with someone else who resides in the school’s boundary area, the parent/guardian must submit:
______Notarized Statement of Bona Fide Residence signed by parent/guardian and owner or lessee with whom the parent/guardian is residing.
______Any proof of residency from the first list above in the name of owner or lessee signing the Statement of Bona Fide Residence form.
______Parent must then submit either a FL Driver’s License, FL Identification Card or Voter’s Registration card with their name and the address of the owner or lessee within 30 school days.
EVIDENCE OF PROPER AGE
_____Official birth certificate.
If such certificate is not available, the following forms of evidence are acceptable:
_____A duly attested transcript of a certificate of a religious document showing date of birth accompanied by an affidavit sworn to by the parent.
_____Insurance policy on the child’s life which has been in force at least two years.
_____A passport or certificate of arrival in the U.S. showing the age of the child.
_____Official school records that provide evidence that the child has attended school for four years.
_____An affidavit sworn to by the parent, accompanied by a certificate from the county health officer, that he/she believes the child to be of required school age.
EVIDENCE OF MEDICAL EXAMINATION
_____Students, grades K-12 and entering Florida school for the first time, must present evidence of a medical examination performed within twelve months prior to their initial enrollment or day student was brought to school to fill out necessary forms for the purpose of becoming a Broward County Public School student.
_____Parents must provide a written notification of any health/medical problem that requires staff awareness and/or supervision for their child.
_____Medical Treatment Form, if needed.
EVIDENCE OF IMMUNIZATION
_____Florida Certificate of Immunization (Form HD680)
_____Permanent medical exemption (if immunization if contraindicated for one or all).
_____Religious exemption (Form 681), a temporary exemption (Form DH680 Part B) or a medical exemption (Form DH680, Part C).
EVIDENCE OF CUSTODY/GUARDIANSHIP
If the student is residing with someone other than the parent or legal guardian, the following provisions shall apply:
_____If parent/guardian lives within the tri-county area (Miami-Dade, Broward or Palm Beach), the individual registering the child must provide documentation of custody by an appropriate state agency such as the Department of Children and Families (DCF) or the Court. In cases of hardship, to be determined by the school, a signed, notarized letter appointing custody will be sufficient.
_____If the parent/guardian lives outside the tri-county area (including outside of the U.S.), a notarized statement from the parent/guardian, identifying the person assuming responsibility for the child must be presented.
_____If a parent/guardian lives within the tri-county area and the student lives in a residence licensed by the Department of Children and Families (DCF), the student may be enrolled in the school that serves that licensed residence.
_____Registration emergency card (NOTE: Only parents/guardians signing registration form can change registration/emergency information).
SCHOOL RECORDS (If any)
_____Latest report card and/or transcript needed for appropriate grade placement.
If you have any questions, please call our registrar, Ms. Ana Castillo, at (754) 323-1108, during school hours.