Why should I attend the School Advisory Meetings?
The School Advisory Committee consists of parents, teachers and the principal. The purpose of this committee is to plan for the school's overall success in line with District and State mandates for Middle Schools. Parents who are not on the committee, can attend the meetings to find out about:
- Initiatives from the district and state
- Data - results from testing, approaches to curriculum
- Extended Learning Opportunities- tutoring, camps, morning labs.
- Activities- field trips, dances, student and parent events
- STEM updates- what are we doing as a whole school S.T.E.M. school to enrich your child's educational environment
- Department updates- each meeting features information from one of our departments
- Expenditures- for bond money, Title 1 money
How can parents get involved and participate in the SAC committee?
Parents are encouraged to attend the monthly meeting of the SAC committee at their child’s school.
2019-2020 SAC meetings are held in our Media center at 6:30 p.m. on third Tuesday of each month.
If you have any questions regarding the School Advisory Committee Meetings you may contact: Ms. Judy Dennis, Ms Sonja Spence, Mrs. Denise Moore for details.