What is School Advisory Forum (SAF)
School Advisory Forum (SAF): School Board policy requires that each school have a School Advisory Forum (SAF) composed of parents, teachers, community members, school administrators, non-instructional support staff, and other stakeholders. The SAF provides an opportunity for stakeholders to discuss and recommend actions on a variety of school issues.The School Advisory Forum (SAF) shall foster and promote communication between its stakeholders, the school, and the Area Advisory Council. The SAF shall bring forth recommendations, concerns and interests to and from their Area Advisory Council.
Welcome all new and returning parents and students. The School Advisory Forum is a parent group that addresses Plantation High’s facilities, legislative issues, district-wide issues, school-wide issues, and safety. SAF meetings are informative. The principal updates parents on school happenings. A group of our parents go to I-zone, SAC, and South Central meetings to keep us up to date on what is happening around the district and state.
We encourage all of you to attend our monthly meetings to keep abreast of our school and district. This is where you find out accurate information about Plantation High and Broward County Schools, as opposed to rumors. Also, as a parent, if you have issues pertaining to your student; first go to the teacher, than to guidance, than to the assistant principal. If your issues involve many students and the whole school, it is thru the School Advisory Forum that you can present the issue to our principal. If the issue affects more than one school, we will present it to the district. It has been proven that involved parents make involved students. Students that are involved in their high school outperform their peers scholastically.
WHAT IS SCHOOL ADVISORY FORUM (SAF)?
School Advisory Forum (SAF):
- is open to all members of the school and community.
- No elections or dues are necessary to become a member.
- Plans, develops, and implements parent/community programs and training activities.
- Address parent/community concerns; works with administration to solve problems and initiate desired changes.
- Identifies and coordinates the use of community resources to improve student achievement and school effectiveness.
- Participate in increasing/sustaining high levels of community support for the school.
- Assist SAC in identifying the educational needs and priorities of the school.
- Participate in the preparation of the budget, and review budget related concerns.
- In general meetings are held on the 1st Tuesday of every month at 5:30PM. Please see the Calendar page of this web site for meeting dates.
- Promotes innovation within the school- takes risks; is a facilitator of change.
- Keeps up to date with school, district, state, and national issues.
- Knows and works with School Board Members, Superintendent, and local Government officials.
- Facilities, Safety, Legislative, ESE, ESOL, Boundaries, Curriculum, Dress code, and Transportation are all issues addressed by SAF.