This page is meant to guide students and parents through the dual enrollment admissions and registration process.Dual EnrollmentBroward College (BC) and the School Board of Broward County (SBBC) jointly sponsor a Dual Enrollment Program. This program gives high school juniors and seniors a unique opportunity to enroll in courses at BC for high school and college credit. To be eligible for the program, students must have an unweighted cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher and appropriate SAT, ACT, or CPT scores. Courses are offered at Stranahan High School as well as BC's campus locations. Dual-enrolled students do not pay the BC registration, matriculation, or textbook fee because they are receiving high school credit for the courses. The classes are taught by professors committed to academic excellence and rigorous standards. Dual enrollment courses not offered by BC may be taken at other institutions with which SBBC has dual enrollment agreements. Currently, dual enrollment agreements are in place for BC, FAU and FIU.
Please contact our School Counseling Office for more information 754-323-2199. To enroll in Dual Enrollment, the student must have earned 11 credits in high school, have a minimum of a 3.0 unweighted GPA and one of the following test scores.
BROWARD COLLEGE ASSESSMENT SCORES FOR DUAL ENROLLMENT STUDENTS ONLY
ENGLISH READING MATH (MAC1105) MAT1033 SAT 440+ 440+ 490+ 440-489 ACT 17+ 19+ 21+ 19-20 PERT* 103+ 106+ 123+ 114-122
- Listen to SHS Announcements for Specific Registration Deadlines
Approximate times for registration:
- Fall Term - April
- Winter Term - October
- Summer Term - February
Broward College will release the exact date, which we will announce for students
Early AdmissionEarly Admission, a form of dual enrollment, allows eligible high school seniors to enroll in at least 12 credits per term, Fall and Spring, and maintain a college GPA of 2.0 or greater. Early admission students wishing to matriculate to any College or Univeristy will need to submit their final high school transcript showing their official graduation date.
- See Ms. Dawkins for the Online Registration Instructions and PERT testing information (if you have never been enrolled in Dual Enrollment)
- Meet with your School Counselor or your Magnet Coordinator to choose BC classes and obtain the required Recommendation Form
- Return signed Recommendation Form to Counselor by the Deadline Date (there are no exceptions to the deadline per Broward College)
- Ms. Dawkins will return packets to students before the online registration opens at Broward College
- Register online for the approved classes listed on your Dual Enrollment Recommendation Form
- Bring proof of registration (copy of BC Schedule) to Ms. Dawkins to receive your Textbook Acquisition Form