Any student tardy to class (periods 1 – 7) will be allowed in class and be subjected to the following:
1st Tardy - Detention written by teacher or issued by security/administration.
2nd Tardy - Detention written by teacher or issued by security/administration.
3th Tardy - Referral written by teacher to grade level administrator for excessive tardiness.
ADMINISTRATIVE REFERRAL WILL BE WRITTEN FOR EACH ADDITIONAL TARDY.
CLASSROOM TEACHER RESPONSIBLE FOR INDICATING “TU” IN PINNACLE AND GENERATING REFERRAL AFTER 3RD TARDY IN MARKING PERIOD.
SECURITY PERSONNEL AND ADMINISTRATORS WILL ISSUE DETENTIONS EACH PERIOD TO TARDY STUDENTS WITHOUT PASSES.
STUDENTS WITHOUT PASSES:
STUDENTS WILL BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE CLASSROOM REGARDLESS OF THE TIME, WITH AN ISSUED DETENTION OR ONE MUST BE ISSUED UPON ARRIVAL.
THE TEN (10) MINUTE WINDOW HAS BEEN CLOSED!
TARDY AFTER 7:50AM / PERIOD 1 ONLY:
- Student will report to Internal Suspension (CAP) for the remainder of the period and will be marked as present in Internal Suspension (CAP).
- If a student is TARDY EXCUSED (by parent) they must report to the front office to receive an EXCUSED tardy pass. The student will report to class with the excused tardy pass.
- CAP teacher will issue a referral for excessive tardiness (three in a marking period).
- The attendance clerk will make the grade level administrator aware if a student has three tardy excused passes issued in the same marking period.
Students may NOT leave the classroom during the first 10 minutes or last 10 minutes of class (unless there is a dire emergency).
Students permitted to leave the classroom must be issued a goldenrod hall pass with the following:
- The student’s full name.
- The date and time.
- Where coming from and going to.
- Signed by issuing teacher.
LATE BUS STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE A PASS FROM THE BUS COORDINATOR INDICATING THE DATE AND TIME OF THE ARRIVAL. (ALLOW TIME TO EAT BREAKFAST BEFORE STUDENT’S ARRIVAL IN CLASS)