Assistant Director's Message
Dear Students and Families,
I hope that you have had an enjoyable summer and that you are now ready to return to school. School begins for students on August 14th at 7:05 a.m. and remember, we have free breakfast for all, so hope to see you bright and early!
We are once again an A school. As a matter of fact, we are the highest-rated high school in the district! We’ve had tremendous success in our current programs and we are planning to continue improving. A growth mindset is essential for all members of the ATC community; students, teachers, family and community members to provide support and encouragement and empower our students to reach their full potential.
Below, is some important information about the start of the new school year.
Morning Procedures: School begins at 7:05 with the first bell ringing at 7:00
- Breakfast begins at 6:35 a.m., there should not be any students on campus prior to this time.
- Parent drop off is in front of the high school building (Banks Road entrance) or at the flagpole loop in the front of the school (Coconut Creek Parkway entrance); please pull all the way forward before your child leaves the vehicle.
- Students who are not in their period one classroom at 7:05 need to report to Portable 14 for a late pass. Students who are late more than one time each quarter will receive a detention, five or more late arrivals in a quarter will lead to a referral.
Afternoon Procedures: Dismissal is at 1:50
- Parent pick up is the same as drop-off.
- Students are only permitted to stay after school if they are participating in an official club activity/meeting or program such as Academic Enrichment Program (Tuesday & Thursday 1:50-3:20), Learning Commons (Monday, Wednesday & Friday until 4:00) or Detention (Tuesday & Thursday 2:15-3:15).
- All students must be off-campus no later than 4:00.
- The Activity Buses operate Monday-Thursday. They leave campus at 3:30 and drop students at depot stops, normally the public elementary, middle or high school closest to home. On Friday, there is no activity bus and the campus gates close at 4:30.
- The Code of Student Conduct Handbook has gone green! Parents are encouraged to review the Code of Student Conduct Handbook and complete the required forms by accessing the Back to School Forms link found on the Broward Schools webpage at: https://www.browardschools.com/backtoschool-onlineforms. The online forms must be completed within the first two weeks of school. The Learning Commons will be available August 27, 2019 if you need internet access.
- All students are encouraged to apply for free and reduced lunch. These forms must be returned by Friday, August 16, 2019. The 2019-20 online multi-child application is located at the website www.myschoolapps.com. Remember, it’s not just about the food as students qualified for free and reduced lunch are also eligible for SAT/ACT waivers and some free college applications among other things.
- Please complete the forms. In addition to the online forms there will be a few required paper-based forms which will be sent home in a folder on the first day.
- Students who will be driving their own or a family car must apply for a parking sticker ($15.00). The application is available in Portable 14. All high school students must park in the SW lot directly in front of the high school building. Any vehicle without a valid parking sticker, or not parked in the appropriate parking lot, is subject to towing.
Safety and Security Information
- We have several enhancements to safety and security:
- We have two full-time School Resource Officers (SRO).
- There are pull down window shades on all doors.
- There is an enhanced, digital camera system that is fully monitored by school personnel.
- We will be conducting monthly Code Yellow/Red drills as well as fire drills.
- Uniforms and ID’s
- Students are required to be in uniform on day one. As this is an adult college campus it is essential that we know who our high school students are. Please see our webpage for additional uniform information.
- Current ID’s will be required to be worn by all staff, high school students and adult students. The 2020 student ID's have a red band, those with a blue band are no longer valid.
- All visitors to the high school, including those signing a student out early, must report to Portable 14.
Thank you for your attention to some of the details as we begin our new school year. Please visit our school webpage https://www.browardschools.com/atlantictechhigh for additional information. I look forward to meeting you at our Open House which will be on August 27th at 6:00 pm.
High School Administrator
The School Board of Broward County, Florida, prohibits any policy or procedure which results in discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation. The School Board also provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Individuals who wish to file a discrimination and/or harassment complaint may call the Director, Equal Educational Opportunities/ADA Compliance Department & District’s Equity Coordinator/Title IX Coordinator at 754-321- 2150 or Teletype Machine (TTY) 754-321-2158. Individuals with disabilities requesting accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008, (ADAAA) may call Equal Educational Opportunities/ADA Compliance Department at 754-321-2150 or Teletype Machine (TTY) 754-321-2158.