Magnet Policy 5004.1 Expectations
Atlantic Technical College and Technical High School Expectations
(As per Broward County Public Schools Magnet Policy 5004.1)
While Magnet students have already met county-mandated standards to attend our program, they must continue to adhere to specific guidelines in order to remain at Atlantic Technical College and Technical High School as outlined in Magnet Policy 5004.
- Students are expected to maintain a cumulative unweighted 2.5 GPA
- If student cumulative unweighted GPA drops below 2.5 the following interventions occur:
- Parent conference
- Opportunity to attend the Academic Enrichment program after school for tutoring
- Parent, student, Guidance and Administration sign Academic Probation Agreement
- If student achieves unweighted 2.5 GPA at the next report card student is removed from contract but is monitored for continued success. Student may be placed on Academic Probation again at the next report card.
- If student fails to achieve the unweighted 2.5 GPA after two semesters, student will be ineligible to continue in the Magnet school and will be assigned to his/her home high school.
- If student repeatedly violates the district’s Code of Student Conduct guidelines related to attendance and excessive tardiness student may be assigned to his/her home high school.
If student repeatedly violates the district’s Code of Student Conduct guidelines related to behavior, dress code and school procedures, student may be assigned to his/her home high school.