Assistant Principals' Messages
Ms. Terry Tait - 6th Grade Assistant Principal
Welcome new Eagles to your first year of middle school! It is going to be exciting to watch you prepare yourselves to succeed in secondary education and leave the nest and move on to high school and beyond. Incredible things are happening this year; our first Cambridge Scholars class is going to be taking the Cambridge Global Perspectives course, measuring their progress against students from all over the world, school dances and field trips are coming your way, and finally, your promotion ceremony!I look forward to our best year yet. Work hard, have fun, stay focused, and get ready for high school!
Ms. Terry Tait, Assistant Principal
8th Grade Administrator
Mr. Erick Gurreonero - 7th Grade Assistant Principal
Hello Attucks Middle School families,
It is truly an honor to become a part of this exemplary learning community and serve as the 7th-grade Assistant Principal here at Attucks Middle School. As a proud parent of a middle school student, I understand the adventure that your child and family are about to embark on. It is my mission to provide a smooth transition into the middle school years be providing a safe, positive, and high-quality learning environment as we prepare our students for college and career readiness. The dynamic combination of professional educators, dedicated parents, and a supportive community ensures that students reach their maximum potential and become lifelong learners. I am confident that this collaboration will make certain our student's have a successful school year.
Dedicated to Success,
Mrs. Cassandra Adderley - 8th Grade Assistant Principal
It is with great pleasure that I welcomed back our 8th graders this year.
I believe that as the 8th Grade Assistant Principal at Attucks Middle School, I must set the standard for a rich, student-centered learning environment. As part of a new generation of instructional leadership, my philosophy centers around integrating the necessary resources to develop an intellectually, emotionally and physically sound human being capable of making informed decisions and prospering in a democratic society. The purpose of education is to provide the necessary skills and competencies for an educated citizenry to promote a democratic society. I must be an instructional leader making data lead decisions and willing to take risks to maintain a competitive edge. This contemporary concept reflects my philosophy that all agents of the school district are responsible for promoting student achievement. As an instructional leader, I want to be easy to understand, practical, sensible and responsive to the environment of the school and the values of the community.
My goals for Attucks Middle School are as follows:
- To make certain that every student meets and exceeds the minimum requirements for promotion and is prepared to be productive citizens in society.
- To make certain that students successfully compete at the highest levels nationally and internationally and are prepared to make well-reasoned, thoughtful, and healthy lifelong decisions.
- To provide an environment that is drug-free and protects students health, safety, and civil rights.
- To provide the appropriate curriculum resources and professional development necessary to ensure that all students receive an equitable education.
- To offer opportunities for parents and guardians to be active partners in achieving our school improvement and educational accountability goals.
It is an honor to continue to serve our wonderful community.
Mrs. Cassandra Adderley