What is School Advisory Forum? (SAF)
Every school has an advisory forum, which acts as a proactive group that addresses various educational issues. Their ideas and concerns are forwarded to district advisories, which meet regularly with key staff and the superintendent. Advisories do outstanding work on behalf of the schools.
- School Advisory Forum (SAF) is open to all members of the school and community.
- No elections or dues are necessary to become a member.
- Addresses parent /community concerns; works with administration to solve problems and initiate desired changes.
- Plans, develops, and implements parent/community programs and training activities.
- Identifies and coordinates the use of community resources to improve student achievement and school effectiveness.
- Participate in increasing/sustaining high levels of community support for the school.
- Assists SAC in identifying the educational needs and priorities of the school.
- Participate in the preparation of the budget, and review budget related concerns.
- Promotes innovation within the school; and is a facilitator for change.
- Keeps up to date with school district, state and national issues.
- Knows and works with School Board Members, Superintendent and local government officials.
- Facilities, Safety, Legislative, ESE, ESOL, Boundaries, Curriculum, Dress Code, and Transportation are all issues addressed by SAF.
In general, meetings are held just prior to the PTSA General Meetings, or with SAC Meetings.