The Head Start and Voluntary Prekindergarten programs provide early education opportunities and comprehensive services to students aged 3 – 5 and their families.
BCPS Head Start/Early Intervention Outcomes:
- Increase school readiness
- Provide high-quality education to Birth-5 students
- Enhance the knowledge and skills of Pre-K teachers, administrators, and support staff through strategic support
- Support families in the early care and education of their child
- Provide comprehensive services to children and their families
- Expand the number of high-quality Pre-K programs/opportunities throughout the district
Source: Broward County Public Schools Head Start/Early Intervention Department
The Sunland Park Academy Annex boasts an on-site Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math (STEAM) Lab designed to function as a "science museum" within the school. Children have opportunities to engage in a variety of hands-on science activities.
The PNC Foundation's Grow Up Great grant sponsored this wonderful initiative that enhances preschool education.