Pick Up & Drop Off
Controlling School Trafiic is Essential for Safety
1.ALL students are to be dropped off in the designated area at the rear of the school.
2. Kindergarten students & their siblings are to be picked up in the car loop on NE 3rd Avenue
3. 1st -5th grade students are to be picked up at the rear of the school either by waiting in the
drive thru lane (this is actually the quickest) OR parking your car in a designated parking
space, walking to the cross walk and picking your child/children up from their
assigned class waiting area on the sidewalk.
4. Students arriving late to school, 8:30 am or after, are to be escorted into the front office
by the driver of the car dropping them off. After 8:30 am you may park in the bus loop at
the front of the school until 2:30 pm.
The safety of the students is the most important goal during drop-off and pick-up. We all have the responsibility to see that every child is safe. In addition, we need to keep traffic moving to facilitate student arrival and dismissal in a timely way. It is imperative that the following rules are observed:
- The white-curbed area in front of the school is for drop off and pick-up only. Do not leave your vehicle and keep moving forward as cars in front of you leave.
- Do not stop at red curbs. Doing so creates unsafe conditions for others (pedestrians, buses, other cars).
- Children should cross the street only at the 3-way STOP intersection. It is unsafe to cross anywhere else.
- Do not pull into the Staff Lot to drop off students. There is no safe zone to walk.
- If you would like to walk your child to class, park on one of the side streets or in the Little League parking lot.
- Do not park next to another vehicle (double-parking) and do not let your child run between cars. Other drivers may not see your child.
- Be patient! You are training your child(ren) on how to follow rules and laws by the example you set.