The Coalition Application is an application accepted by 95 accredited colleges and universities, including all eight Ivy Leagues. Florida Universities that are part of this application include University of Florida and Florida State University.
Steps for applying
i. Click on the button that says “Create Your Account/Start An Application.”
B. Create your account
i. There will be a confirmation link sent to your e-mail. Make sure to check your junk/spam folder!!!
C. Log in as A Student.
1. Start your profile à This is information about yourself, your classes, and your extracurricular activities.
2. Add to your locker à This is where you upload files like your essays or your portfolios if you’re applying as an Arts or Design major. You can also upload other media that is required for your preferred major (e.g.: videos for Film majors).
3. Invite contacts à This application allows you to invite your counselors, teachers, parents, etc. to aid in completing your application (e.g.: submitting a letter of recommendation).
4. Build your college list à This is where you select the colleges you want to send your application to.
D. Essay prompts for 2016-2018:
- Tell a story from your life, describing an experience that either demonstrates your hcaracter or helped to shape it.
- Describe a time when you made a meaningful contribution to others in which the greater good was your focus. Discuss the challengeges and rewards of making your contribution.
- Has there been a time when you've had a long-cherished or accepted belief challenged? How did you respond? How did the challenge affect your beliefs?
- What is the hardest part of being a teenager now? What's the best part? What advice would you give a youner sibling or friend (assuming they would listen to you)?
- Submit an essay on a topic of your choice.