Schedule Change Request forms can be found on the Naviance homepage.
Please fill out and turn into Guidance Office.
Schedule changes have serious effects, both on each student’s individual schedule and on the the class size of the course into which he/she is transferring. Decisions about the number of sections per Department are made in the Spring based on students’ course selections during the registration process. Each student is registered individually and given ample opportunities to make his/her choices.
Schedule changes will be made only for the following reasons:
- There was misplacement due to lack of prerequisite or background.
- Student earned credit over the summer.
- Senior is not scheduled in a class for graduation.
- Conflict in the master schedule that requires a schedule change.
Students enrolled in full year courses, including AP, will remain in that course for the full year. Exception: Student having a failing first semester grade (or a D with teacher recommendation).
Teachers cannot be selected –all teachers will work hard for the success of each student and students are expected to work hard with the schedule received.
Changing from an AP class to a regular class will be considered after the first nine weeks and at semester only when the following requirements are met:
- percentage grade of less than 70%.
- a parent/teacher/student conference has been held to discuss what can be done for the student to be successful in the current class.
- space is available.
- students must always attend the classes on his or her schedule until receiving the new class.