Dear Bethune Elementary School of Arts Parents:
On behalf of the staff at Mary M. Bethune Elementary I am happy to welcome you to the new school year! We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
- Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college
Please join our school volunteer program. Our students will benefit from your involvement with our school.
If you have any questions about the rules and expectations, please feel free to contact me or to discuss them with your child’s teacher.