Scholarship Application Process
PARENT CHECKLIST FOR THE BASCC SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
(Download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print PDF)
Before you start the scholarship application process, make sure you have all the information and documents from the checklist below.
- Are all students on application approved for the Free or Reduced meal program for the current school year? If no, apply at: https://www.myschoolapps.com/Home/PickDistrict
- Do you have the 10-digit student number for each child? If no, the school can provide you with the number.
- Do you have an active, monitored email account? If no, you can get a free email account from Yahoo or Gmail? (It is important that you monitor your emails for application updates.)
- All students on the application must be attending the program. This means they are registered, active, and all fees paid in full prior to applying.
- Approval letter, for 2019-2020 school year, for Free or Reduce Priced Meals.
You will need to attach documents to the scholarship application for each adult in the household, who is 18-years or olderr. Provide a clear, readable photograph or a scanned form for the application.
Provide a clear, readable photograph or a scanned form for the application.
Two (2) paychecks, dated within the last 30 days, showing a minimum of 30 hours worked per work week for each adult living in the household, that is 18-years or older.
Proof of self-employment: active website, business license, sales tax certificate, notarized letter from accountant stating number of years in business and current status of business
Provide a letter of termination, dated within the last 30 days, from employer or proof that you are currently receiving unemployment benefits.
Currently attending college:
Provide a class schedule that shows, student’s name, start/end times of each class, start/end dates of each class, class location, school name, and paid status. Classes must be held during aftercare hours. On-line classes are not eligible.
Submit current documentation from a doctor stating the patient is unable to care for children. It must be dated within the last 30 days of the date that the application was submitted.
Foster parent(s) and/or spouse submit one (1) paycheck dated within the last 30 days and a letter from the foster agency placing the child in your care.
Submit the most current year tax return, IRS Form 1040 and all related business schedules, if applicable. Submit proof that the IRS has received your tax return. Students on scholarship application must be listed as dependents on tax return.
- Free Tax Returns are available. Go to IRS.gov, click on Get Your Tax Record, click on Get Transcript online. Select Tax Return Transcript and request year ending December 31, 2018 (for 2018 tax year).
You may be asked for additional information not listed above.
Scholarship window closes on Friday, January 10, 2020.
All partial, pending, or incomplete applications will be closed.
Go to www.basccbroward.com
Click on Scholarship Application Process Tab.
Scroll to bottom of page and click on “Apply for Scholarship” box
- School Location #: ______ (The school’s 4-digit location number.) click here
The review process for Scholarship applications may take up to 6 to 8-weeks.
Wait 48 hours after completion of the before & after school application for your child to become active in the system, so you can start a scholarship application.
For tech assistance, contact 754-321-3314, Monday to Friday 7am to 5 pm.
For general scholarship questions, email email@example.com
The review process for Scholarship applications may take up to 6 to 8 weeks.