ACADEMICALLY CHALLENGING CURRICULUM TO ENHANCE LEARNING (ACCEL) OPTIONS 1002.3105 (F.S.)
In accordance with 1002.3105 of the Florida Statutes, all Broward County Public Schools must provide educational options that provide academically challenging curriculum or accelerated instruction to all eligible K-12 students and inform parents and students of these options. As defined by this legislation; Academically Challenging Curriculum to Enhance Learning (ACCEL) options must include:
· Whole grade and mid-year promotion
· Subject matter acceleration
· Virtual instruction in higher level grade subjects
· A high school Credit Acceleration Program (CAP) via End of Course Exams (EOC)
These options are available at each school to students who meet specific eligibility criteria.
In addition, each school, at the principal’s discretion, may offer additional acceleration options designed to meet the unique needs of their student population.
ACCEL options offered at Central Park Elementary School are:
· Continuous Progress – differentiating instruction to match the pace of content with the student’s rate of learning.
· Curriculum Compacting – focusing on advanced content and enrichment activities.
Parents interested in having their students participate in an ACCEL option should contact their principal for further information regarding student eligibility and procedural requirements of participation.
All options offered meet the intent of this legislation and are in compliance with policy and procedure as set forth by the Broward County School Board Policy 6000.1.