BCPS Hosts 4th Annual College Fair
More than 5,000 students and parents attended the fourth annual College Fair to explore post-secondary options and learn about financial aid and admission requirements. Students and parents had the opportunity to interact with representatives from 150 national and international, public, private, two-year and four-year colleges and universities; technical schools; and all branches of the U.S. military, who shared information about their institutions.
Submit to view complete list of colleges and universities participating in the College Fair
Naviance: College and Career Planning Tool
Naviance is a world-class system designed to assist students, parents and schools with:
- Researching careers, colleges and majors
- Finding local and national scholarships and enrichment programs
- Exploring students' career interests, learning styles, personality types and multiple intelligences
- Building resume and holistic portfolios for job and college applications
- Setting goals and developing personalized plans for success
- Requesting and sending electronic transcripts
- Learning about success skills, financial planning, self-discovery and building a support network
Career Pathways through Career and Technical Education
Focuses on Broward County Public Schools approach to alignment of workplace needs and employment skills with middle and high school Career and Technical Education Pathways programs. Topics include:
- Career programs
- Articulation and dual enrollment
- Local business opportunities
- Post-secondary options
Navigating the College Admissions Process:
The college admissions process must begin early in students' educational careers with careful course planning and commitment to building a well-rounded resume. This workshop will help students navigate through each of the high school years leading to college admissions in the senior year.
How to get Money for College:
There are various ways to make college affordable. Expert BCPS BRACE advisors will discuss federal, state and local student aid options, the Florida Bright Futures scholarship program and other scholarship and financial aid resources.
Financial aid advisors will provide hands-on assistance to 12th grade student and their families for completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to access federal grants, loans and work study opportunities.