Leadership Development Program
Non-Instructional Leadership Development Program (NILDP) - is a joint venture between the Office of Talent Development and Sheridan Technical Center. Designed for aspiring non-instructional leaders, participants are selected through a competitive application process. This 36 week, 216 hour blended-learning (face-to-face and online) program builds frameworks, strategies, and processes for continuous improvement and the building of leadership skills. The goal of the program is to provide non-instructional employees with the knowledge, skills and behaviors necessary to perform effectively in supervisory positions.
Provide Non-Instructional personnel with the knowledge, skills and behaviors necessary to perform effectively in a supervisory position. This 36 week, 216 hour blended-learning (face-to-face and online) program builds frameworks, strategies, and processes for continuous improvement and the building of leadership skills.
Program is designed for Non-Instructional employees represented by the BTU-TSP, COPA, ESMAB, or FOPE group, pay grade 21 and below with a minimum of three (3) years work experience with the Broward County Public Schools.
Participants Completing the Program will:
- Identify their leadership style
- Demonstrate effective leadership strategies
- Demonstrate effective oral and written skills
- Identify the warning signs of employee performance problems
- Articulate the progressive discipline process
- Conduct effective performance counseling
- Utilize coaching, mentoring and feedback skills
- Apply appropriate laws, rules, policies, procedures & contracts
- Recognize the importance of diversity within the School District
- Demonstrate effective interviewing techniques
- Analyze effective teams and team building strategies
- Demonstrate effective time/project management techniques
- Support reform initiatives using the change process
Areas of Concentration
- Communication Skills
- Supervisory Skills
- Personal Productivity Skills
NOTE: The Non-Instructional Leadership Development Program (NILDP) Application window is currently closed for this school year.