What do I do if I need to pick up my child from school early?
Anytime away from school, your child misses valuable instruction and directions. We ask that you limit the early pick-ups to only those are essential and critical. Students who leave early often miss the direction and expectations for the next day. This can cause a plethora of issues, from missed assignments, lack of understanding of concepts, to anxiety within our students. Understanding that this need does occur, adhering to the following expectations and procedures will greatly assist the process.
- Please ensure that anyone who might need to pick up your child be listed on your child's emergency contact information. If you send in someone and they are not on the pick up list, they will not be able to leave with your child.
- Please communicate with your child's teacher by sending in a note that your child will be picked up early with the time and who will be picking up the student. This will enable the teacher to have your child ready for early pick up. Do not text or email this information to your child's teacher. Teachers do not access their emails throughout the day.
- If you need to pick up your child during the times that the gate is closed, you will need to park in the back parking lot (the one without the gate) and walk to the walker gate at the front of the school. Please call the school upon your arrival and let them know that you are picking up your student. If you have a need to utilize the handicapped parking in the front lot, please pull up to the closed gate and call the school. You will be granted access to the handicapped spots if you have the proper handicapped vehicle identification.
- Please know your child's daily academic schedule. Understand that if you arrive to pick up your child during the time that they are scheduled to be in specials, lunch, teacher directed PE, or recess, you will have two options available to you.
- Option 1, you can wait until your child returns to the classroom so they can get their belongings. This could take up to 30 minutes.
- Option 2, we can call for your child, however, they will not be able to get their belongings from the classroom.