Parent and Visitor Access to Coral Park Elementary Campus
Maintaining a safe campus is our priority here at Coral Park. New guidelines and policies are being implemented districtwide in an effort to better secure our campuses.
All visitors including parents must check into the front office prior to going to any classrooms or any area on campus. You should bring an official photo ID with you, like your driver’s license, Florida’s official state identification card, or a passport.
The District has mandated that once the school day begins, all perimeter gates must be locked except for one gate to allow for parent and visitor access to the school. This gate must be monitored at all times by school personnel. If personnel are not available to dedicate to this post, the gate must remain locked and visitors to the campus must call the school’s office to gain entry to the campus. Please help us to keep our campus safe by adhering to the following expectations for arrival, dismissal, and access to the campus.
- The parking lot that accesses the front of the school will be open for drop off beginning at 7:15 for students going to breakfast and at 7:30 for all other students until 8:30 am. DO NOT drop off your child prior to these times. There is no supervision!!!
- The gate to the front parking lot of the school will be locked and secured at 8:30 am. If you need to access the campus, you will need to call the school at 754-322-5850. We will then send someone to open the gate. Please understand that this may take some time, so please plan accordingly.
- The gate to the front parking lot will be open and entry will be monitored again from 10:50 to 11:20. This will allow for VPK pickup and other school business.
- The gate will be locked and secured again from 11:20 to 1:30. If you need to access the campus, you will need to call the school at 754-322-5850. We will then send someone to open the gate. Please understand that this may take some time, so please plan accordingly.
- The gate to the front parking lot will be reopened and entry will be monitored beginning at 1:30 to 6:00 pm and will be monitored by Community Afterschool Staff to allow for dismissal and pick up from the aftercare program.
- When entering the campus, please be prepared to share your purpose or need for entry to the campus with staff members. Our staff appreciates receiving a positive attitude during these procedures and will reciprocate with the same!
- Help build your student's independence by ensuring they come to school prepared with their homework, lunch, laptops, etc. If you find it necessary to bring them the items they forgot at home, the campus gates will be open from 8:00 to 8:30 and again from 10:50 to 11:20. Please utilize these times should you need to come to the school to drop off items.
Here for Parent/Teacher Conference?
Parking for parent conferences is located in the back parking lot (the one without the gate). For morning conferences, please arrive in time to park and sign in the front office by 7:30 am. Arrival after 7:40 am will result in rescheduling the conference. Afternoon conferences will begin at 2:30 pm.
Please be prepared to show your identification upon arrival in the front office.
We recognize that these safety procedures may be inconvenient. At times, due to inclement weather or staff availability, there may be longer than usual wait times. We kindly appreciate your cooperation and patience as we work together to keep our children safe.