How can parents get involved and participate in the SAC committee?
Parents, students, faculty and community members are encouraged to attend the monthly meeting of the SAC committee at their child’s school.If you would like to join our email list please complete the form at the link
Here are the meeting dates for the 2020-2021 school year:Meeting occur on campus in Building 21, Third Floor, Lecture Hall. Face Mask and Social Distancing Required
- Tuesday, August 25, 2020 at 3:30 pm
- Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 3:30 pm
- Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 3:30 pm
- Tuesday, November 17, 2020 at 3:30 pm
- Tuesday, December 8, 2020 at 3:30 pm
- Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 3:30 pm
- Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 3:30 pm
- Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at 3:30 pm
- Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 3:30 pm
- Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 3:30 pm
Why is it important for parents to be active participants?The School Advisory Council shall be the sole body responsible for final decision-making at the school relating to implementation of ss.1001.42(18) and1008.345.U The SAC is composed of parents, teachers, community members, school administrators, non-instructional support staff, and other stakeholders who meet regularly to establish priorities, set annual objectives, and monitor action steps for school improvement.
What is SAF?The School Advisory Forum (SAF) is open to all members of the school and community. The Forum has one member to report to the School Advisory Council, which then sends a representative to the district SAC. The district SAC acts as advisors, mentors, and advocates to both the district and to each school advisory council.At a School Advisory Forum all present will:
- Plan, develop, and implement parent/community programs and training activities.
- Address parent/community concerns; work with administration to solve problems and initiate desired changes.
- Identify and coordinates the use of community resources to improve student achievement and school effectiveness.
- Participate in increasing/sustaining high levels of community support for the school.
- Assist SAC in identifying the educational needs and priorities of the school.
- Participate in the preparation of the budget, and review budget related concerns.
- Advocated for positive change in the school.
- Remain current with school, district, state, and national issues.
- Jointly works with School Board Members, Superintendent, and local Government officials. Facilities, Safety, Legislative, ESE, ESOL, Boundaries, Curriculum, Dress code, and Transportation are all issues addressed by SAF.
What can be accomplished if I participate in SAF?
Over the years, it has been parents, teachers, community members, etc. who have made positive changes in schools. These changes can be at the school level, district level, state level and within the community or city.