How to Become a Colonel Athlete
Step One - Grades
- Students must have an unweighted GPA of 2.0 or higher to participate
- GPA's update in January and June – only
- Winter sport GPA's update in January – during season
Step Two - Physicals
- Physicals must be on FHSAA form only (EL2)
- No other forms will be accepted
- The front must be filled out and signed by student and parent
- The back must be signed and stamped by medical doctor
- The student must be cleared by a doctor
- Physicals are good for one calendar year
- Athletes with expired physicals are no longer eligible until new physical is received
- Best practice – get a physical in summer before each school year
STEP THREE – INSURANCE CARD
- Athletes must submit a copy of the front and back of current insurance card every School year.
- Click here to purchase insurance if needed: https://schoolinsuranceofflorida.com/
STEP FOUR – FSHAA CONSENT
- All 4 pages of the FHSAA EL3 Consent and Release form must be signed and dated by both student and parent before any participation.
- Consents are submitted online each school year.
- You can find the FHSAA EL3 Consent and Release form at FHSAA.org
STEP FIVE – ATHLETIC CODE OF CONDUCT
- Plantation high school sportsmanship and code of conduct must be signed and dated by both student and parent
- A new form must be submitted online every school year
STEP SIX – ATHLETIC CODE OF CONDUCT
- The following certificates must be submitted online each school year:
- Concussion in Sports
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Heat Related Illnesses
- Visit NFHSLEARN.com to complete the courses for the certificates.