To provide students with:
- An inclusive program that is safe and nurturing in a comfortable environment.
- A cultural and enriching program that promotes the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social development of each child.
- A program that meets the highest quality of child care standards.
Hours and Fees
- After Care hours are from 2:00pm-6:00pm.
- Early release day hours are from 12:00pm-6:00pm.
- School Board Operated programs currently charge parents a $25.00 registration fee per family. A family is considered one child or more. The fee is paid prior to entry into the program, and again for any re-entry throughout the school year. At sites offering credit card payments, you may use American Express, Visa or MasterCard. Some programs allow for online payments via the Broward Schools estore.
- Tuition for School Board Operated programs is $194.00 per payment period (based on a typical 4 hour program) for a total of ten payments. The hourly rate is $2.65 per hour. Fees are paid in advance for services, and are due on the date scheduled. If payment is not made on time, students are withdrawn from the program. Click here for a payment schedule for the 2018-2019 school year.
- A late pick up fee is charged if students are not picked up by program close time. The third late pick up will result in an administrative review and may be cause for dismissal from the program.
Attendance and Dismissal
- If your child is going to be absent, please send a written notice to school or call the front office.
- To sign out a child, the adult must go to the security office and show a valid photo ID.
- The adult picking up a child must be on the registration form.
The expectations for children in the program are as follows:
- To be respectful to the staff, each other, the school facilities, and the materials provided.
- To formally address staff members as adults, i.e., Mr., Mrs., and Miss. The informal use of a staff member’s name by a student is inappropriate at any time.
- To stay with their assigned group, unless given permission to leave.
The consequences for children in the program are as follows:
- If an item(s) belonging to the school is broken or taken, the parents of the child at fault will be responsible for replacing the item(s).
- Inappropriate behavior can result in a notice being sent home to the parent, a written referral, or withdrawal from the program.
To ensure the safety of all children:
- Parents must fill out the emergency sheet and adhere to the guidelines. Parents are urged to provide us with current telephone numbers and a list of authorized persons in case of an emergency.
- Parents must go to the secutirty office in order to properly sign out their child/children.