2019/20 School Preference for the Heron Heights/Park Trails Combined Elementary Boundary
(Download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print PDF)
IMPORTANT DATES FOR PARENTS:
- December 1, 2018 - February 6, 2019: Deadline to submit a reassignment application (to indicate preference) for notification prior to May 1st
- March 13, 2019: Notification for all applications received by Feb 6th
- May 9, 2019: Next notification for applications received after Feb 6th
- June 5, 2019: Notification for applications received after May 1st April 30th
- July 10, 2019 June 26, 2019: Notification for applications received after June 5th
- July 10, 2019: Notification for applications received after June 25th
- July 18, 2019: Notification for applications received after July 10th
- July 25, 2019: Notification for applications received after July 18th
- August 1, 2019: Notification for applications received after July 25th
- August 8, 2019: Notification for applications received after August 1st
- After August 8th, within 72 hours of application submission
ATTENTION HERON HEIGHTS & PARK TRAILS ELEMENTARY PARENTS:
On March 22, 2017, the School Board of Broward County, Florida adopted a boundary change that impacts all three elementary schools in the City of Parkland. A portion of the combined Heron Heights and Park Trails Elementary School boundary is now assigned to Riverglades Elementary School to align enrollment growth with new school capacity. The entire area east of University Drive, south of Loxahatchee Road, west of State Road 7/ US 441, and north of the Sawgrass Expressway is assigned to Riverglades Elementary for the 2017/18 school year and beyond.
Elementary students residing within the revised combined boundary of Heron Heights and Park Trails Elementary Schools (west of University Drive) who are currently attending their desired school do not need to fill out a Choice Option Area application in order to remain at their current school.
Elementary students residing within the combined boundary of Heron Heights and Park Trails Elementary Schools (west of University Drive) who are not currently attending their desired school may indicate their preference by submitting a Choice Option Area application to Heron Heights Elementary, Park Trails Elementary or Riverglades Elementary.
The Office of School Choice will assign all elementary students within the combined boundary to Heron Heights Elementary, Park Trails Elementary or Riverglades Elementary, based on parent preference, priorities and available space.
Siblings will be guaranteed placement in the same school, and priority will be given to place students with siblings at the school they are currently attending. Existing geographic priority areas for Heron Heights and Park Trails Elementary Schools, not impacted by the boundary change, will be maintained.
Transportation will be provided as applicable and may include additional depot bus stops.
Alternatively, parents may download, print and return the application to the Office of School Choice.
Applications submitted by the application deadline, February 6, 2019, will receive application status notification on March 13, 2019. Application results will also be updated on the “Check Your Status” web page.
If your address has changed, please update your residential address at either Heron Heights Elementary or Park Trails Elementary before completing your School Choice application.
Each applicant must have a Broward County Public Schools student identification number in order to indicate school preference. If your child is not currently enrolled in a Broward County Public School, please go to either Heron Heights Elementary or Park Trails Elementary school to obtain a student identification number. This must be done prior to completing a School Choice application.
Students applying to kindergarten must be 5 years old by September 1, 2019.