The Broward Advisors for Continuing Education Program (BRACE) is unique to the Broward County School System.
BRACE ADVISOR - BUFFIE PHILLIPS 754-322-1009
Appointments with Ely's BRACE Advisor can be arranged by students by going to STUDENT AFFAIRS.
CLICK HERE for BRACE links especially created by Ms. Phillips for Blanche Ely High School!
BRACE CALENDAR OF EVENTS
2019 FAFSA and SAT Workshops - Click HERE for more information
CLICK HERE for a list of District provided scholarships
CLICK HERE for the BRACE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
To apply for the PEAS Scholarship, please CLICK HERE
Florida Gold Seal CAPE Scholarship (GSC)
2-year AS program at Technical College or State College
EST. VALUE $6,298 (free to high school graduates)
2 year BS program at a Florida University
EST. VALUE $12,763 (free to students earning an AS degree)
The Florida Gold Seal CAPE Scholars award (GSC) can be used to fund a career education (AS degree) or certificate program.
To earn this scholarship students must:
- Pass Industry Certification exam(s) equaling 5 or more college credits (See Career Launch Document at academics.browardschools.com/CTACE for information on Industry Certification college credits. Also note, that Industry Certifications earned in middle school can be applied)
- Document a minimum of 30 service hours
- Graduate from high school
For more information, see your high school’s BRACE Advisor
College Admission Testing
- Standardized tests (SAT & ACT) provide colleges with a common measure to help them make admission decisions. Additionally, they are one indicator of a student’s readiness to do college-level work. Test scores may also be used as a criterion for awarding merit-based financial aid. Fee waivers are available for students who are eligible for free or reduced lunch. Studentsmay request fee waivers in the BRACE office.
- The vast majority of higher education institutions accept both the SAT and the ACT for college admission and regard them as equally valid.
Click on any of the names below to take you to that link or pdf document:
- Upcoming College Information Sessions
- NCAA Clearinghouse
- Common Application
- Financial Aid
- College Application Process
- College Finder
- Atlantic | McFatter | Sheridan
- Air Force | Army | Marines |National Guard | Navy
- Direct Entry Into The Work Force
- State of Florida Colleges & Universities
- Bright Futures Information
- Financial Aid Night Powerpoint
- SUS Matrix
- SAT/ACT Registration
- New Minimum State University Admission Requirements
- College Match Flyer
- Applying For College Cheat Sheet
- Tips For Applying To College
- NACAC Online Registration Flyer
ACT / SAT
Fee waivers are available for students who are eligible for free or reduced lunch. Students may request fee waivers in the BRACE office.
All juniors planning to attend college should take the ACT and/or SAT Exam. Students can retake these exams as many times as they wish until they are satisfied with their score. Registration is offered online. Paper registration forms are available in the BRACE office. Fee waivers are available for those who qualify.
The decisions that are made now can affect high school graduation and admission to college. Planning your life after graduation can be overwhelming. Use the official statewide student advising website, FloridaShines.org, to determine your career objectives and higher education opportunities.To find a college based on admission criteria, retention rates, and accreditation, visit http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/