Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
Office Hours 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Faculty Hours 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Student Hours 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Aftercare Hours 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The first bell rings at 7:55 a.m. and the tardy bell rings at 8:00 a.m. Students are expected to be in their seats at that time.
No students are permitted on campus before 7:30 a.m.
Children leaving the school grounds during the school day MUST be signed out in the office by an authorized adult with government-issued identification. The adult must be listed on the student’s emergency contact list. School Board Policy prohibits the early dismissal of students from 1:30 – 2:00 p.m., or 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. on Early Release Days. Please schedule all off-campus student appointments (i.e. doctor, dentist, dance, etc.) after 2:15 p.m.
CAR RIDER DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
For student SAFETY, students will only be dismissed to CARS from the car loop area. Parents will not be allowed to walk through the car loop/rider area. If you plan to walk home with your child at dismissal, you will need to follow the walker dismissal procedures.
- K - 1st-grade students will be picked up in front of the school (55th Avenue).
- 2nd - 5th-grade students are to be picked up in the parking lot/car loop on the Southwest side of the school (near N. Hills Drive).
- Students with siblings attending Stirling will report to the younger sibling’s dismissal area. This allows parents to make just one stop.
- Parents are asked to please pull their cars all the way up in both car loops.
- Remain in your car and never leave your car unattended. If you need to come inside the school building, please use a parking space.
- Please refrain from using your cell phone while driving through the car loop.
- Our bus loop (located on 56th Avenue) is for bus riders and private daycare buses ONLY. You may not drive through this loop.
BIKE RIDER & WALKER DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
- Bike riders and walkers are dismissed at 2:00 p.m. One teacher from each grade level will walk the walkers/bike riders out at the bell.
- Walkers & bike riders are not allowed to cross on the sidewalk in front of the entrance of the south parking lot. The walk/bike exit for our school for students leaving Stirling Elementary to the South is on 56th Avenue (by the bus loop).
- Students are to follow the diagram on this sheet, which marks the safe route from this exit.
- If your child walks or rides their bike to the North (towards Stirling Road), he/she will exit through the NW exit (nearest the modulars).
WALK/BIKE DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
Parents who walk/bike to and from school with students must follow the “Bike Rider and Walker” Procedure (students traveling North will use the NE exit near the modulars; students traveling South will use the SW exit near the bus loop). Parents walking/biking to school should wait for students at these exits. For the safety of all students, parents are not allowed to walk up to the car loop area.
BUS RIDER DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
Bus students are called to the Bus Dismissal Area at 1:50 p.m. As the school buses and daycare buses arrive at the school, students are called to their bus.