Students may download the exam exemption form HERE for the Fall 2018 semester. Please be aware forms are due December 7th, 2018 by 1:10pm.
As per School Board Policy 6000.1, students on a 7 period-scheduled school who have earned a grade of a "B" or better in a high school course may be exempt from up to 3 final exams in a semester. AP, IB, AICE, Dual Enrollment, and College Readiness Remediation course exams may not be exempted. All final exam exemptions require parent permission.
STUDENTS: will have a form filled out as directed. Parents/guardians sign the form and return it to the designated staff member at the school prior to the deadline.
PARENTS: Before signing the waiver, please read the following:
Exempting exams is a reward for satisfactory or better academic progress. It is widely recognized that students benefit from the study skills practiced when preparing for semester exams similar to those used inpost-secondary schools. Students who choose to exempt their exams may forgo the opportunity to improve their semester grades by taking their exams and earning higher grades. Even when eligible, students have the option not to use the exam exemption.
- The student is responsible for the return of the form as required by administration.
- No exam exemptions will be granted without the required form being completed, signed, and turned in before the deadline.
- Students are reminded that they can only exempt three of their exams per semester.
- Students should be aware that if their grade falls below a “B” average prior to the end of the semester, they would be required to take the exam for that course.
- Failure to abide by this policy will result in the student having to take the exams for all of their classes.