What is SAF?
The School Advisory Forum (SAF) is open to all members of the school and community. The Forum has one member to report to the School Advisory Council, which then sends a representative to the district SAC. The district SAC acts as advisors, mentors, and advocates to both the district and to each school advisory council. At a School Advisory Forum all present will:
- Plan, develop, and implement parent/community programs and training activities.
- Address parent/community concerns; work with administration to solve problems and initiate desired changes.
- Identify and coordinates the use of community resources to improve student achievement and school effectiveness.
- Participate in increasing/sustaining high levels of community support for the school.
- Assist SAC in identifying the educational needs and priorities of the school.
- Participate in the preparation of the budget, and review budget related concerns.
- Advocated for positive change in the school.
- Remain current with school, district, state, and national issues.
- Jointly works with School Board Members, Superintendent, and local Government officials.
Facilities, Safety, Legislative, ESE, ESOL, Boundaries, Curriculum, Dress code, and Transportation are all issues addressed by SAF.
School Advisory Forum Chair: Lou Rodriguez
School Advisory Forum By Laws
School Advisory Forum Minutes
School Advisory Forum Meeting Dates
The School Advisory Forum will meet in the Media Center at 5:00 pm on the following dates:
November 25, 2019
January 27, 2020
February 24, 2020
April 27, 2020
May 25, 2020