Lyons Creek Middle School
7th Grade Course Request Form
STUDENT PLACEMENT: Students with level 1 and 2 on Florida Standard Assessment (FSA) will be placed into traditional core courses. Students with level 3 – 5 on the FSA will be placed into advanced core courses. Students meeting gifted eligibility will be placed in gifted courses.
ELECTIVES: Listed below are the courses that may be offered at LCMS for seventh grade. All seventh graders will take Math, Language Arts, Science and Social Studies. Elective descriptions are located on lyonscreekmiddle.com and are subject to change.
Students need to choose 4 electives. Mark them in order of preference: 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Every effort will be made to schedule students into the elective(s) of their choice. However, due to space limitations, your student may be placed in a course that they may not have selected. READING SUPERSEDES ANY ELECTIVE CHOICE. Please understand that requests for a specific elective are not a guarantee.
- Coding & Gaming
- E.E.O. (Linking Education & Opportunities)
- Introduction to Spanish (No High School Credit)
- Spanish 1 (High School Credit)
- Beginning Band
- Intermediate Band
- Beginning Chorus
- Intermediate Chorus
- Beginning Piano
- Music Appreciation
- Music Production
- Debate (High School Credit)
- Speech (High School Credit)
- Studio/ T.V. Production
- Beginning Physical Education (Basic Skills)
- Advanced Physical Education (Team Sports)
- Health Occupations
- Latinos in Action
STEPS TO ACCESS COURSE CARD
To access the course selection card you must have your child's student number and date of birth.
- go to clever.com
- click on NAVIANCE link
- click on ABOUT ME on top right
- click on MY SURVEY and complete NOT STARTED