At-Home Learning Activities and Resources
- BCPS Supporting Young Learners http://bit.ly/SupportingYoungLearners
- (Age 4-5) Scholastic Learn at Home Resources https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome/grades-prek-k.html Schoalstic at Home Learning; Keep the learning going with these special cross-curricular journeys. Every day includes four separate learning experiences, each built around a thrilling, meaningful story or video. Kids can do them on their own or with their families. Click on PreK-K and let the learning begin!
- Unite for Literacy features a free comprehensive library of books that cover a wide variety of science, math, and social studies topics in multiple language. https://www.uniteforliteracy.com/
- Storyline Online streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations. Hundreds of GREAT books available for online read alouds! Encourage your child to choose a book of interest and get ready to hear an engaging story. After the video, ask your child to tell you about what happened. What was their favorite part? https://www.storylineonline.net/
- Broward County Libraries offers ebooks, articles, and resources for children starting at age 2. All are accessible with the E Library Card number. Families working, playing, or going to school in Broward County can apply for a FREE e-card. https://www.broward.org/Library/Pages/default.aspx
- The KidVision PreK Online Portal showcases over 100 video field trips, instructional videos, and vocabulary videos. All videos include printable resources and literacy connections. Families can register for a free account and sign in with username and password.https://www.kidvisionprek.org/
- The Florida Office of Early Learning Activity Plans are based on the Florida Early Learning and Developmental Standards: 4 Years Old to Kindergarten and are designed to help develop the skills that 4-year-old children should know and be able to do by the end of their prekindergarten year. Families can access the plans for free at the Office of Early Learning website and can implement the activities in the home setting. http://www.floridaearlylearning.com/vpk/vpk-providers/professional-development-training/vpk-professional-development-teacher-resources/activity-plans
- The Florida Office of Early Learning Website details the Florida Standards and includes standards concepts, connected resources, and professional development opportunities. http://www.floridaearlylearning.com/vpk/vpk-providers/professional-development-training/vpk-professional-development-teacher-resources/activity-plans
- Tumblebooks is a free and comprehensive library that parents can access with Username bcs and Password reads.
- The Early Childhood Learning and Knowledge Center is the most comprehensive resource for parents and teachers of Head Start and preschool. All areas of curriculum, family engagement, learning, and development are easily accessed on this site with high quality resources. https://eclkc.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/
- The VROOM online APP and website Vroom provides science-based tips and tools to inspire families to turn shared, everyday moments into Brain Building Moments. https://www.vroom.org/
- Talking is Teaching provides resources for simple tips and ideas on talking, reading and singing with young children during everyday moments. Site includes videos, games, developmental milestones, Talking is teaching has pulled fun tips and resources grounded in the best science, to help you talk, read, and sing with your child every day. https://talkingisteaching.org/
- Ready Rosie is a parent engagement platform through Teaching Strategies. Each brief video details ways parents can take simple interactions and make them meaningful and educational in their every day lives. https://www.readyrosie.com/
- NAEYC Message in a Backpack provides activities across multiple content areas for hands on fun at home, including literacy through laundry, math moments, teaching responsibility and more. https://www.naeyc.org/resources/topics/message-backpack
- National Center for Families Learning offers a range of free resources to meet different literacy and education challenges. https://www.familieslearning.org/resources