Charter School Participants - STIPEND Information - Part 2, Cohort 2 (June CS Prep Camp Participants)
revised 7/31/30PART 2:
FTCE CS Ed Certification Test: One stumbling block that many of you have found out is the lack of testing dates and nearby locations to take the FTCE CS Ed Certification exam due to the coronavirus epidemic. FLDOE is aware of this and in answer to this issue, FLDOE has removed the requirement to pass the test by August 15, 2020.In order to receive the Part 2 stipend of this grant in the amount of one thousand, one hundred and fifty dollars ($1,150.00 - yes the amount has gone up!), you are still required to take this exam. You don't have to pass it by August 15, 2020, as previously stated at the beginning of the program, but you still have to take it some time when you find the test date and location nearby. Remember that the main goal of the grant is to increase the number of computer science teachers in Florida.In order to receive the Part 2 stipend of $1,150.00, you must:
1) You have 3 options for #1: a) Have attended at least 2 of the webinars given by the FLDOE after the June Prep Camp (this option is not open for the June Prep Camp attendees as there has only been 1 webinar in June) OR b) Completed at least 5% of the CodeHS Broward FTCE Computer Science Prep course OR c) You passed the FTCE Computer Science exam.When you send your Non-BCPS Stipend Agreement/Invoice form for the Part 2 Stipend and your FTCE exam appointment, let us know the percentage of your CodeHS completion, or you passed the test.2) Registered to take the FTCE Computer Science Ed certification exam. http://www.fl.nesinc.com/3) When you take the exam, email us your official score report - pass or fail (and if fail, the score break down that is on the official score report - each and every tries).For the Part 2 stipend payment, we need from you these things emailed to us:1) A completed Non-BCPS Stipend Agreement/Invoiceform for the Part 2 Stipend - download here - Part 2 dated June 1-August 10, 2020. Also complete another W9 - download a blank W9 one here2) Documentation: Send a copy of your registration showing your scheduled exam date for the FTCE Computer Science subject area exam in the form as well. Sample documentation is also here.3) Let us know which of these options you are using: a) Have attended at least 2 of the webinars given by the FLDOE after the June Prep Camp OR b) Completed at least 5% of the CodeHS Broward FTCE Computer Science Prep course OR c) You passed the FTCE Computer Science exam.4) When you take the exam (each and every tries), email us your test results. FLDOE requires that we submit all test results of the grant participants. When you take the exam please email us your test results - pass or fail with the score break down that is on the official score report.Non-BCPS Stipend Information Form/Invoice - You can download a sample with the fields you need to complete from here.AUGUST 17, 2020: DEADLINE TO COMPLETE PART 2 - Submit your Non-BCPS Stipend Agreement, Documentation, and the CodeHS % completed/you passed.
Once complete, please email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions on how to complete using Acrobat Reader:
Download the latest Acrobat Reader - https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html
There are various ways to complete/sign the form:
1) Via Adobe Acrobat Reader - if the form is fillable, just type in the blank fields. You can sign also it in the application by accepting the signature styles in the application. Directions https://helpx.adobe.com/reader/using/sign-pdfs.html
2) Download the form, complete and sign it, and scan it. If you don't have a scanner,
- Use your phone - download the CamScanner app and it'll scan whatever you take a picture of and save it as a PDF.
- iPhone - take a picture using the Notes app and it'll save as a PDF.