Media Center Procedures
Check Out Procedures
- The media center is open from 8 am until 2 pm on all school days.
- Students check out books each week with their class at a time selected by their teacher.
- Kindergarten and first grade students may check out one book. Students in grades 2 through 5 can check out two books.
- Books are checked out for one week. The check out time may be renewed, as long as no one else has the book on reserve.
- Whisper voices should be used while visiting and working in the media center.
- Books should be returned on time and in good condition.
Book Care Procedures
- Handle books with clean hands.
- Keep books away from food, drinks, pets, and younger siblings.
- Use bookmarks to save your place, instead of folding down the corner of the page.
- Do not use pens, pencils, or erasers as bookmarks.
- Turn pages from the corner of the page, not the edge.
- Never draw or write in library books.
- Protect the book from the rain or wet items in the backpack.
- Keep books in a safe place at home to make it easier to find them on book return day.
- If the book is damaged, please don’t try to fix it. Let the librarian know, so it can be repaired with the proper materials.
- Fines will be assessed for lost books and for damaged books, if they cannot be repaired.
- Fines can be paid online by going to the website for Online School Payments.
- If you have never paid online before, you will need to create an account.
- If you already have an account, just log in.
- You will need the student’s ID number.
- There are instructions on the website, if you need help in completing the transaction.