Book Donation Policy
We are happy to accept donations of books, materials, or money to support the media center’s goals of educating students and preparing them to be life-long learners. To maintain an appropriate and balanced collection, all book donations are reviewed to determine if they meet the collection and development policy for the library. Books that don’t meet the requirements will be disposed of in a manner to be determined by the library.
- Book donations must be less than 15 years old.
- The items must be in acceptable condition.
- The items should fall within the scope of the library’s collection requirements and stated mission.
- The library must have enough time and resources to process and maintain the items.
- The library must have enough space to store the donated items.
- The items should not unnecessarily duplicate materials already held.
- The items should support the school's curriculum or the interests of faculty and students.
- The items should be on an elementary school academic level.