Beanstack is a program that students use to log and track their reading. As more books are added to their log, the student earns virtual badges as each new level is reached. To access Beanstack,
- Go to the Clever Launchpad.
- Select the Beanstack icon.
- Click on Log Reading at the top left corner of the page.
- Select the date the book was read.
- Add the title of the book.
- Add the author of the book.
- Click on the Log button at the bottom of the page.
Beanstack is also used to track books for Reading Across Broward. This is a reading motivation program instituted by the Superintendent to encourage reading across the district. The program runs from April 1st of one year until March 31st of the following year. Books read and logged during that time period are counted toward the student’s Reading Across Broward total. Books should only be logged once, and not duplicated. At the end of the year, reading certificates are given to students who achieve the following levels:
Kindergarten – Second Grade (picture books)
- Participant Award – total of 25-49 books
- Silver Award – total of 50-74 books
- Gold Award – total of 75-99 books
- Superintendent’s Honor Roll – total of 100 or more books
Third – Fifth Grade (chapter books)
- Participant Award – total of 10-24 books
- Silver Award – total of 25-34 books
- Gold Award – total of 35-49 books
- Superintendent’s Honor Roll – total of 50 or more books
If your student is participating in the Beanstack reading motivation program at the Broward County Library (BCL) over the summer, their school account and their BCL account can be linked, so the books logged will show up on both accounts. Just follow the directions on the Beanstack flyer below to link the accounts.