For eLearning to be successful families will need a safe place for their children to go during the day while they are at work. To support working families, BCPS’s Before and After School Child Care (BASCC) Department has collaborated with a Network of community partners and care providers.
BCPS Child Care Network of Providers and Funders
- After School Programs, Inc.
- Boys and Girls Club of Broward
- Cities and Municipalities including:
- City of Fort Lauderdale
- City of Oakland Park
- Community After School, Inc.
- Faith Based Organizations
- Hispanic Unity of Florida, Inc.
- Junior Achievement of South Florida
- Museum of Discovery and Science
- Sunshine After School Childcare, Inc.
- YMCA of South Florida, Inc.
- Jewish Federation of Broward
- The Frederick A. Luca Foundation
- The Jim Moran Foundation
- United Way of Broward
- Childcare Licensing of Broward County
- Children’s Services Council of Broward
- Early Learning Coalition
Before and after care will operate on a standard schedule, with the addition of one hour of instructional support. A childcare resource list and interactive map has been created that is broken down by BCPS high school zones incorporating private On-Site Child Care providers and locations near you. Families should contact these Service Providers directly, as they are not affiliated or endorsed by BCPS. All service providers are fee-based, but financial assistance may be available. Please check with the individual providers.
*The distribution of these services does not imply recommendation or endorsement by Broward County Public Schools.
Important Resources for BCPS Students and Families